About Commercial Solar Power
Informed Customers Are Happy Customers
A well-designed solar energy system installed on your property converts the free and unending supply of solar radiation to a money saving electricity supply for your business or organization. Click to see how solar power works for you.
A solar energy investment is the first step to replacing some or all of your current electricity purchases. While replacing the ever increasing utility costs, a solar energy system also provides other financial benefits impacting your bottom line. Click to learn more.
Massachusetts has been a U.S. leader in adopting solar energy at residential and commercial levels. In an effort to stay up to date with market changes and maintain the economic advantages of solar power, new incentives are set beginning in 2018. Click for more details.
Solar Power for Business
We live in an Alternating Current (AC) world. All energy supplied to everything from small homes to the largest manufacturer is distributed along the grid as AC. With solar panels, the photochemical reactions stimulated by sunshine impacting the active materials produce Direct Current (DC) energy. By adding power management components to convert DC to AC, a solar energy system becomes a direct substitute for what you currently buy from the utility. Same AC power, same or even better quality.
Converting Sunshine into AC Power
- DC energy from the solar panel array is quickly converted to AC power to match the levels required by your business or organization. A few styles of power inverters complete this step.
- This solar-generated AC energy is routed through your existing building electrical distribution network.
- Your connection to the power grid (and utility) continues to supply AC energy to your building, such as at night or whenever needed to augment your solar generated power.
- Sometimes you may generate more energy that you are using, say during the middle of sunny day. Your utility may offer a “Net Metering” connection which allows you to sell solar energy back through the grid to your electric utility during these peak periods. During the evening or when you consume more than you can produce, the Net Metering system records the energy you buy from the utility.
System Design and Engineering
Solar Power with Battery Storage
One of the more exciting recent developments in solar energy systems technology is the rapid progress being made in commercial-scale battery storage. Solar systems with batteries combine large storage capacity and integrated control software to manage the battery array in real time. These capabilities allow you to store large amounts of peak sunlight-hour electricity and reduce your energy costs by optimizing how and when energy is supplied from the utility grid.
Coupling energy storage with batteries to a standard solar energy system requires the addition of extra power management components.
The Added Dimension
- The solar arrays and the interconnection between the power grid and the facility do not change when adding battery storage to a system. Net metering components and rules remain the same, too.
- Power Mangement — Additional hardware is added. Just as in a stand alone solar energy system, an Inverter function converts the solar DC power to AC power. The power management components must also perform a Charge Controller function, maintaining battery charge levels. BlueSel offers a range of fixed and programmable power management systems that allow a facility manager the desired flexibility to best manage the stored energy in the batteries.
- Batteries — Modular, rack mounted and cabinet enclosed battery systems are added at capacities to meet your needs. Whether simply shaving daily energy usage peaks or offsetting more energy each year, there is an energy capacity design to meet every circumstance.
We Support Customers in Many Industries
Where do you fit and how can we help?
BlueSel Commercial Solar understands the unique energy requirements for lodging and hospitality. Let us show you how solar works for your location whether a year round or a seasonal location.
Commercial solar is a bankable way for business, large or small, to get control of rising energy costs. Let us show you how to you can turn solar savings into a benefit for your core business.
BlueSel addresses the distinctive financial needs of non-profit organizations. Variable budgets require precise and efficient designs, and specific financing. Let us show you how to save with solar.